We are proud to announce our third annual conference focusing on the growth of the African- American niche of the Tourism Industry in South Carolina at the beautiful facility of the Avery Research Center in Downtown, Charleston, South Carolina.
South Carolina's Tourism Industry generates $16 Billion dollars for the state's economy.
How can focus on the African- American niche of the Tourism Industry increase this number?
The purpose of the conference is two fold:
- Educate Tourism Industry officials about the benefits of supporting and promoting this niche
- Educate residents, community based organizations, and enterprises from historically disadvantaged communities about the resources available to for businesses & non-profits servicing this industry
The day will include a series of industry specific workshops, think tank, luncheon, and reception.
Here are the topics of the day:
- Economic Impact- Over $500 Million
- Think Tank: Local & State Public Policy Agenda
- Marketing strategies to attract African- American visitors to your business, festival, or attraction
- Regional strategies for Convention and Visitor bureaus to attract visitors interested in the history & culture of African- Americans
- Grants and small business loans for tourism related non- profits and businesses looking to attract visitors
- Message from the State of South Carolina
We will continue to send out notices for this year's conference.
Spread the word. Register today. Seating is limited.
For more info: Facebook.com/AfricanAmericanTourismConference
For a copy of the
2012 & 2013 Annual Report on
SC African- American Tourism
contact Kwadjo Campbell